The online marketplace success uniting buyer and seller in their passion for hand crafted gifts and products
The concept of The Hand Crafted Shop was born when founders Carlene Hunt and Robin Smith were discussing the important role handcrafts had played in both their lives, with skills passed down through generations. The conversation turned to issues and challenges that handcrafters and designers face today, and the need for an online marketplace where crafters could earn money from their products for income, or cash flow to buy more crafting supplies. It needed to be a platform to showcase their range to an international market; and provide the opportunity to operate their own small business for a minimal outlay.
The idea proved a business success, and now The Hand Crafted Shop is a vibrant online marketplace with an ever growing list of online stores offering an eclectic mix of crafts and giftware. Every product is handmade and unique, and many can be personalised to individual specifications. It is fast earning a reputation as a source of bespoke gifts of quality and individuality.
Enquiry level from interested handcrafters and designers has risen steadily across all ages and demographic, with new store holders registering weekly. Carlene and Robin believe the level of support The Hand Crafted Shop has attracted is attributable to a number of unique factors that set them aside from similar virtual forums.
- The Hand Crafted Shop charges only a small monthly rental, with no additional fees.
- Sellers are not limited by the number of goods they list in their stores, nor are they charged for uploading pictures.
- The online nature of the marketplace means that buyers can browse for handmade gifts twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, from anywhere around the world.
- Stall holders can expect a high level of service and support, with the partners on hand to assist with any technical or functional issues.
- Resources are freely available to help stall holders operate and grow the most successful business they can, including regular newsletters offering hints and tips on marketing and business strategy.
- The Hand Crafted Shop actively promote the site and their partners, appearing at trade shows and expos, and, putting different store holder profiles in the spotlight through various social media streams.
The online stores can be filtered via an impressive number of categories, with shoppers in search of craft supplies or unique gifts able to browse jewellery, quilts, clothing, art, cards, mosaics, recycled and vintage items, and much more.
The website also acts as a full shopping centre for anyone in the handcraft / design industry, with suppliers of art and crafting materials also taking advantage of the opportunities to promote their wares to crafting professionals, hobbyists and enthusiasts.
The Hand Crafted Shop is a marketplace with heart, where products are made with love and care, and passed on with love as gifts; so if you’re a handcrafter who has been seeking a platform to showcase your range, or a buyer in the market for quality handmade products and unique gifts, The Hand Crafted Shop is your one-stop shop.
After a unique handmade gift for yourself or a loved one? Start browsing our extensive range of online stores
Looking to sell your products online? Setup your own online store today